pieces of metal used by silversmiths in Sao Joao Batista ( St john the Baptiste) fort on Ibo island.Built by the Portuguese in 1791, the fort served as a slave house then a prison in which many opponent to the portuguese colonial rules were detained and tortured. Ibo Island lies in the Quirimbas Archipelago of northern Mozambique and has been nominated for World Heritage status.
- Mozambique 59.jpg
- Frederic Courbet/Panos Pictures
- Image Size
- 5616x3744 / 5.2MB
- Contained in galleries